Updated: Nov 6
Raising children is one of the most difficult and rewarding jobs on the planet. It’s easy to wonder whether you’re doing everything right, especially if you’re completely new to the world of parenting. There is so much different advice out there, and it’s hard to know where to turn or who to listen to.
Creative Kids Virtual Preschool is happy to offer the following parenting resources to help you raise happy and healthy children through every stage of childhood.
Health and Safety
Make sure you understand the physical and mental health risks facing your child at every age and try to instill healthy habits as early as possible.
● Convey healthy attitudes about food when talking about it around your kids.
● Encourage your kids to engage in a fitness plan.
● Ensure your children get sufficient sleep.
● Peer pressure is a real thing; help your kids cope.
● Trustworthy counseling is available online for teens.
● You can also connect with health professionals for youngsters as needed.
● Address online safety so your kids can avoid the dangers of the internet.
● Check to make sure your own home doesn’t set teens up to fail.
Positive communication and emotional coaching will help your child develop healthy coping mechanisms and a positive sense of self.
● Communication with kids can be tricky, but there are some methodologies you can use.
● Explore an age-by-age guide to helping kids deal with their emotions.
● There are 5 key benefits that come from showing kids unconditional love.
● You might be surprised at how beneficial having dinner together can be.
Lead by Example
Children observe and mirror how their parents behave and treat others. Set a good example for your child and they will follow suit!
● Kids will follow your lead, so set a good example.
● Even kids’ health concerns are influenced by their parents’ behaviors.
● Treating children with respect is critical to their development and your relationship.
● You might be surprised at how much your child picks up through imitation.
Encouraging Key Life Skills
Allowing your child to explore their creativity and overcome challenges on their own will set them up for a successful future.
● Now is the time to teach children valuable life skills.
● Right now is also prime time for kids to learn about decision-making.
● Failure challenges them and you, but is an important part of development for kids.
● Solo time in the great outdoors is good for kids, if you handle it properly.
There are so many different ways to raise great kids. In the end, it all comes down to encouraging healthy habits and modeling the behaviors you would like to see in your child. Be a compassionate, attentive parent and your children are sure to grow up with the health, happiness, and confidence they need to thrive as successful adults.
Written by: Charlene Roth @ http://safetykid.info
Photo via Raw pixel